This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we will process the personally identifying information (‘Personal Data’) that we collect and receive from and about users of our website and customers who attend classes, courses or workshops.
Our privacy commitments
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
We collect the following Personal data from or about you as a Yoga Junction customer:
- Personal Data collected directly from you through the booking process: your name, phone number, postal address, email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
- Personal Data collected directly from you through completion of a booking or health questionnaire or similar: your name, phone number, postal address, email address and any health issues. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
- Personal Data Collected Automatically from the use by you of our web-site. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the Sites and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
We use your Personal Data:
For the administration of your purchases and our events and to contact you with any relevant information connected to the specific class, coures or workshop you are attending, for example, if a particular class has been cancelled, or for any change to a particular class that will affect you.
For processing of payments for events you have requested.
To help ensure your safety by ensuring that we have sufficient information of any health conditions or injuries and to help us identify if there are any reasons why we consider it unsafe for you to participate in an event.
A random unique number or string of letters and numbers are stored in the cookie to identify the browser, the times and dates our visitors interact with the site. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
_ga – duration 2 years
_gid – duration 2 days
_gat – duration 2 minutes
A random unique number created by our in-house content management system for the creation and management of our website. It is used to record your access to the website and to allow the update for internal access counters and to detect fraudulent activity on the site.
weben – duration 1 day
ci_token – 1 day.
Non personally identifiable information that allows stat counter to determine whether you are visiting the website for the first time.
sc_is_visitor_unique – duration 2 years.
is_visitor_unique – duration 2 years
Used to maintain the security of stat counter and their host platform.
__cfduid – duration 1 year
By subscribing / unsubscribing and accessing mailchimp hosted media, mailchimp specific cookies will be downloaded to your computer. We refer you to mailchimp’s cookie statement for details of all cookies that will be downloaded. https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/
Yoga Junction ltd. will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Sites, provide our services to you and administer your account.
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
We will not share your information directly with Social Media platforms and your decision to follow or subscribe to the information that we post to such platforms will be left at your discretion.
We may, however, use Facebook pixels to track effectiveness of advertising campaigns that are displayed via Facebook.
A pixel is a small transparent image that is displayed buy your browser upon accessing a specific website address and allows us to track if you have completed a purchase as a result of clicking on or otherwise interacting with an advertisement on Facebook. Such information does not allow us to track an individual and provides purely a statistical view of advertising effectiveness.
We use a payment processor, Stripe, to process the payment for our courses and workshops.
Stripe, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified https://stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy.
If you you elect to pay for events via ‘credit card’, we will share the following information to enable the payment to be processed and to allow you to be verified and validated.
• Credit / debit card information
• Card name
• Card registered address.
• Details of event being purchased.
Email campaigns and marketing
MailChimp is located in the US https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-mailchimp-the-eu-swiss-privacy-shield-and-the-gdpr
We use MailChimp exclusively for the purpose of email campaign marketing. You are entered into this list if you have elected to do so.
Dropbox is located in the US https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/data-transfers-europe-us
We use dropbox to store and maintain company data.
- We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are passoword protected and accessible only to authorised Yoga Junction employees.
- We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
We will maintain records of your Personal Data:
- for as long as you remain a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- for as long as you remain a registered user of any of our web-site.
- you have completed a purchase with Yoga Junction in the last 36 months; or
for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you.
If you have not opened any email communication from us or interacted in any other way with us for 36 months we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
We will retain all health forms for 7 years from the date of completion or from the date of the last class that you attended.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from one of our brands (“Update your subscription preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending your request with detailed instructions for our Customer Services team.
You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact information provided in the contact us section of this privacy notice.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted to the Sites and if we consider it to be appropriate we will notify subscribers of any material changes by e-mail.
Yoga Junction ltd. is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 4125532).
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or if you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, or our Sites, our contact details are as follows:
Yoga Junction Ltd.
93a Weston Park